Does any of this sound familiar?
- My doctor recently told me my cholesterol, blood sugar, and/or blood pressure is up, and I’d like to lower it with lifestyle changes.
- I’ve had high cholesterol or prediabetes for a while, and I’m now ready to take charge and protect my long-term health with some lifestyle changes.
- I have a strong family history of diabetes – or heart disease – and want to do what I can to prevent developing it myself.
- Tried to make healthy changes in the past, but I didn’t know what I was doing and quit.
- At your next doctor’s visit, all the lab results were normal.
- You had support to learn and make the changes you needed, skipping the ineffective stuff.
- You feel good knowing you can keep up your flexible, healthy lifestyle for many years to come.
- You knew you were on the right path.
All of that is possible with Individual Nutrition Counselling
Meet Your Dietitian
Hi, I’m Nicole. I have a family history of heart disease and diabetes.
I understand how shocking it can be to get the news that your numbers are up. Some of us naturally go into denial, while others are motivated to take charge and do something about it.
Research shows that working with a dietitian is effective, and cheaper than medication. Highlights:
- Reduce progression from prediabetes to type 2 diabetes by up to 70% with intensive lifestyle interventions over 3-6 years
- Improve control of diabetes: ongoing nutrition therapy lowers A1c a full 1.0 to 2.0 from baseline.
- Total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and blood pressure are all reliably lowered with 4 or more visits with a dietitian.
More details here.
I have trained specifically in supporting people with diabetes and heart health concerns, through programs such as Diabetes Manager University, LiveWell with Chronic Conditions, and by achieving the status of Certified Diabetes Educator while working full-time in a diabetes prevention and treatment program.
Will you let me be your guide, as I’ve been to hundreds of clients before you?
“Before meeting Nicole, I was too busy to take care of myself very well, and when I finally saw my doctor for a checkup, it showed in my labwork. Cholesterol and blood sugar were up for the first time. My weight was also up, and I had been taking medication to lower my blood pressure which was working, but not as well as before. I was feeling low in energy, and determined to change it all.
I didn’t know what exactly I needed to do, so I reached out to Nicole and committed to 6 months of nutrition counselling. There was a lot to change, and I liked having the support.
We worked together so that I understood my conditions much better, as well as what I could do about them. I was already active, so I continued that as we worked on healthy meal planning and feeling good about food. It was also important for me to figure out how to be organized around food and eating, so I’m never starving hungry.
Now, my numbers are all improved, and I’ve been able to navigate food choices pretty well on a recent holiday to Mexico. My next few months are busy, but with my commitment to regular meals and exercise, I won’t worry too much about the stress derailing my progress. I like what I’m eating, and can see continuing with my healthy lifestyle well into the next decades.”
When you sign up for Individual Nutrition Counselling,
Here’s What You Get
- Guidance from a professional to help you achieve your goals
- Targeted, personalized assessment of your medical history, current symptoms, lifestyle, eating behaviour and attitudes.
- A comparison of your intake and eating habits against time-tested standards.
- An understanding of your personal nutrition challenges and opportunities for improvement.
- Relevant education, resources, and local recommendations.
- A plan of action that we develop together.
- Face-to-face time to ask your most frustrating questions.
- Email support, to check in with your Dietitian between appointments.
- Support and accountability for following through on your goals.