Does any of this sound familiar?
- We want to use food and nutrition to improve or protect our health and energy, but there’s so many conflicting messages about what to eat. What’s the right approach?
- Mealtime has been a struggle lately, especially when we lack a clear plan of attack.
- We want to eat better, but also need to take the rest of the family’s needs and preferences into account.
- Each of us tried to make healthy changes in the past, but found we didn’t know what we were doing, or felt unsupported, and quit.
- You could adopt a healthier lifestyle together. One that everyone in the house likes.
- We looked forward to sitting down together for a meal. Planning, shopping, and cooking a meal is easier than ever, and worth the effort.
- Every day, you had the support of your partner in making the healthy habits you’ve picked stick.
All of that is possible with Individual Nutrition Counselling
Meet Your Dietitian
I understand how it feels to search for the “right” thing to eat, only to feel dissatisfied, frustrated, or guilty. Like you, I’m fed up with the culture of ever-changing health fads and dieting advice co-existing with so many industrial food products in our modern eating environment.
It’s challenging to navigate, and to know who or what to trust. But rest assured: I’ve guided hundreds of people before you. See a sample story below.
Nicole Pulvermacher, Registered Dietitian in Saskatchewan since 2008, specializing in healthy behaviour change.
When you sign up for Individual Nutrition Counselling,
Here’s What You Get
- Guidance from a professional to help you achieve your goals
- Targeted, personalized assessment for each of you:
- Review of your medical history, current symptoms, lifestyle, eating behaviour and attitudes.
- A comparison of your intake and eating habits against time-tested standards.
- An understanding of your personal nutrition challenges and opportunities for improvement.
- Together, get
- Relevant education, resources, and local recommendations.
- Feedback and a plan of action.
- Face-to-face time to ask your most frustrating questions.
- Support and accountability for following through on your goals.
Couple’s Nutrition Counselling
Packages and Pricing
Couple’s Basic Review
Good for ensuring you’re on the right path, and starting to chart your next steps. Includes:
Your first visits (2 x 75 minutes) for assessment and planning
ONE followup appointment (up to 75 minutes) for support and further education
30 days of email support, to check in with your Dietitian between appointments
This is a one-month commitment, for an investment of $395
Family Meal Planning
Great for getting in the habit of eating healthy meals together at home. Includes:
Your first visits (2 x 75 minutes) for individualized assessment and planning
One followup appointment (up to 75 minutes) to deliver and discuss your meal plans
Personalized copies of “Mostly-Healthy Eating in Saskatchewan: Meal Planning” AND “Mostly-Healthy Eating in Saskatchewan: The Cookbook” by Nicole Pulvermacher, RD.
A 60-minute personal grocery store tour
One more followup appointment for support and further education on your individual goals, or on mastering mealtime
60 days of email support, to check in with your Dietitian between appointments
This is a two-month commitment, for an investment of $735.
Couple’s Supported Change
Perfect for renovating your health & lifestyle together, with ongoing support. Includes:
Your first visits (2 x 75 minutes) for assessment and planning
FIVE followup appointments (up to 75 minutes) for support and further education
Two “BONUS” services valued at $95-125 each. Choose from:
– A 60-minute personal grocery store tour
– Housecalls – have your appointments at your location within Regina
– Meal planning support: Personalized copies of “Mostly-Healthy Eating in Saskatchewan: Meal Planning” AND “Mostly-Healthy Eating in Saskatchewan: The Cookbook” by Nicole Pulvermacher, RD.
– An additional followup appointment
180 days of email support, to check in with your Dietitian between appointments
This is a six-month commitment, for an investment of $1145
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my health insurance cover this?
You may find Registered Dietitians listed with Chiropractors and Massage Therapists as one of types of HEALTH PRACTIONERS or Providers covered by your plan. There are ordinarily limits to this coverage, such as a total amount per year and/or a maximum amount per visit. To avoid surprizes, we recommend understanding those limits ahead of time.
Nutrition Counselling with us may also be an eligible expense for any FLEXIBLE health or wellness spending accounts you may have though your workplace. Others have used workplace-sponsored personal development funds, as well.
If you have any kind of coverage, let us know. While we won’t direct bill your plan, we will do our best to ensure you get all the services you’re covered for, and provide detailed reciepts in support of your claims.
And if your coverage doesn’t reimburse you for 100% of the cost of your nutrition counselling, Canada Revenue Agency recognizes any out-of-pocket costs as eligible medical expenses for income tax deduction purposes. Save your receipts!
Are there payment plans available?
Where do we meet?
After selecting a day and time for your first visit, you’ll be invited to meet in person with Nicole at her home office. It’s in north-west Regina, and that address is shared in your confirmation email.
If you live outside Regina, or would find it more convenient not to drive to your followup appointments, we also have the option of using a secure video chat platform. No downloads needed.
And with the higher-level packages, available bonuses allow you to take your appointments to a location of your choice within Regina. So we can meet at your home, office, or where you ordinarily do your grocery shopping.
When are appointments available? Can I book evenings and weekends?
We’ve found weekday evenings work well for most people, and will almost always have a few of these available. Daytime appointments can also be arranged.
When you’re ready to book your appointment, an online calendar shows availability.
Can’t find a time that works for you? Email us your availability, and we may find some hidden options.
Should I bring anything?
Can I bring the kids?
Try not to. If the two of you need to watch kids and see your dietitian at the same time, it works best if you’re at home. So book a home visit, and let us come to you.
Have a well-behaved child you just have to bring along? While it’s not ideal, they’re welcome. They’ll have to be in the room with us, and either join the discussion or find ways to amuse themselves quietly for an hour or so.